The National Institute of Nutrition was established in the year 1955 and was based in the Ministry of Public Health in one of the buildings of the current commission. Then it was transferred to its current headquarters on Qasr Al-Ainy Street in 1963.

Joined the General Authority of Hospitals and Educational Institutes in 1975.

The institute was chosen as an associate center for the World Health Organization for research and training in the field of nutrition in 1992.




The institute obtained the ISO 9001 certification in 2006 and the ISO 9001-2008 certification was re-awarded in 2009. Grants were reinstated in 2012 and then in 2015.




;